1. What is the UCL Publisher’s Prize?
The UCL Publishers’ Prize is an annual creative writing competition organized by the students of the MA Publishing program at UCL. The team publishes an anthology containing short stories, poems and flash fiction written by UCL students and alums.
2. What is the theme for this year?
The main theme for this year’s anthology is libraries but we will also accept submissions that revolve around book spaces.
3. What are the submission guidelines?
We accept short stories, poems and flash fiction. Short stories must not go beyond 3000 words and poems must be composed between three and forty lines.
4. Who can submit prose or poems for the Publishers’ Prize?
All students of UCL, across all departments, are welcome to send submissions! Including our recent alums from 2019!
5. When is the deadline?
The deadline for this year is 27th January 2020.
6. When will the students who have been selected for the anthology be informed?
Students who have been longlisted will be contacted around February or March.
7. What is the next step for those students after being selected?
Selected students will work with our great editorial team to work on their submissions and have the opportunity to have their pieces reviewed by an extraordinary panel of judges.
8. Who will be the judges for this year?
The panel of judges will be announced soon. Keep an eye out on our social media on Twitter (@UCLPubPrize), Instagram (@uclpublishersprize) and Facebook (UCL Publishers’ Prize)!
9. When will the book be available?
The book will be available around May or June.
10. Will there be a launch party?
Yes, there will be a launch party! Details for the same will be updated on this website and announced on social media.
11. When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced at the launch party. There will be exciting prizes as well!
12. Will there be other events taking place apart from the launch party?
Absolutely! We will be organizing some interesting events. Details will be up on our social media pages and the website.
13. Who do I contact if I still have queries?
Please fill out a query form on the Contact Us page and a member of our team will get in touch with you.